There are several reasons why you may want to consider a high set uk lab created diamond engagement ring:
- Showcasing the center stone: A high set engagement ring can elevate the center stone, making it more prominent and eye-catching. This can be especially effective if you have a larger or more elaborate center stone that you want to showcase.
- Protection for the center stone: A high set engagement ring can provide extra protection for the center stone by elevating it above the band. This can help to prevent the center stone from getting chipped, scratched, or damaged during everyday wear.
- More light and sparkle: A high set engagement ring can allow more light to enter the center stone, creating more sparkle and brilliance. The elevated setting can also help to create more depth and dimension in the overall design of the ring.
- Comfort: A high set engagement ring can be more comfortable to wear, as the elevated setting can prevent the center stone from rubbing against your finger or getting caught on clothing.
- Unique and eye-catching design: A high set engagement ring can be a unique and eye-catching design choice, as it stands out from more traditional low-set engagement rings.
Another advantage of a high set engagement ring is that it can create the illusion of a larger center stone. By elevating the center stone, a high set ring can create more space around the stone, making it appear larger and more impressive.
Additionally, a high set engagement ring can offer more versatility in terms of pairing with wedding bands or other stacking rings. A high set ring can be paired with a variety of wedding band styles, from simple and classic to more elaborate and ornate.
However, there are also some potential drawbacks to a high set engagement ring. For example, a high set ring may be more difficult to clean and maintain, as dirt and debris can accumulate around the elevated setting. Additionally, a high set ring may not be as practical for those who have an active lifestyle or who work with their hands, as the elevated center stone can be more vulnerable to damage or displacement.
Ultimately, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons of a high set engagement ring and choose a ring that fits your personal style and lifestyle. Whether you opt for a high set or low set ring, choosing a reputable jeweller and ensuring proper maintenance can help to ensure that your ring lasts for years to come.
Ultimately, the decision to choose a high set engagement ring comes down to your personal preferences and priorities. It’s important to choose a ring that reflects your style and meets your needs in terms of beauty, comfort, and functionality.